Sometimes it is good for us to look back and see how far we have come. God has blessed our family beyond my wildest dreams. During our early married life, I never considered us poor, but we just didn’t have a lot of money. There were some special times that come to my thoughts and they are not dreadful, but precious.
- My sister gave me her hand me down’s (mainly panties)
- Our extended family always kept each other’s kids in hand me downs
- Not having enough money to buy a dozen of fresh eggs from Mr. Goode
- Getting an unexpected return on insurance that paid for kids clothes
- A freezer full of corn, strawberries, green beans, peaches, apples etc.
- Mr. B entering into full time ministry and after 35 years we are still blessed
- We were blessed with two wonderful children
- Knowing that I married the right man 46 years ago and that we continually find new ways to love and appreciate each other
- Starting a business in my late 50’s and seeing it “put food on the table” of four families
- Blessed with a rich heritage and taught Christian principals that continue to guide us
I will be eternally blessed to see my children teach their children Godly principals and make their commitment to God important in their daily lives.
I thank God for all the valley’s and detours life has given us. It makes me appreciate all the blessings that He has provided.