What is Christmas?
- Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ
- The Nativity Scene was displayed and everyone had deep respect
- Now you are discouraged to mention the name of the “birthday” person
- Now most retail people can not say Merry Christmas for fear of a lawsuit
- Now you hardly ever see a Nativity Scene in a town square
- Now the Christians themselves hardly ever display the Nativity Scene
- Dad and the kids took a walk in the woods and cut their own tree
- The aluminum tree with a colored light became popular
- The whole family would go to the Christmas tree lot and buy a tree
- Now you can buy a tree already decorated or hire a person to come and decorate it for you
Kids at Christmas
- Every child believed in Santa and it never caused psycho problems in later years
- Most adults wanted to believe in Santa
- Kids looked at the catalog and wrote a wish list to Santa
- Now kids can go to the mall, shop online and they get way too much for Christmas
- Some kids know Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ
- The Sunday School would give each person a “treat”. The little brown bag had an orange, apple and two or three bars of candy
- Daddy always bought a big box of assorted candy that was in little pleated cups. This was the only time of the year we had a big box of candy.
- The aroma of Christmas cookies would meet us when we got off the school bus.
- Mother made a big container of fruit salad
My dear BLOG readers…..Let me know how Christmas has changed since you were a kid. What special tradition did your family have during the Christmas Season? Please leave your comments for others to share.