***Original Painting by My Friend, Gen Gillen
Life is not a bed of roses and no one ever promised us life would always be perfect. There have been many situations along the way that have been painful, stressful and trying. Some things require patience and waiting until the situation changes and you have a new direction. What are some of your moments of pain or love that taught you a great lesson in life? I will share a few of my learning moments.
1. The people you trust the most can and will let you down.
2. Some people have a habit of lying and then telling a lie about the lie.
3. The longer you live the older you get.
4. Sometimes it is best to pick your battles.
5. Your best intent with your words can be misconstrued and cause pain.
6. Others do not see you as you see yourself.
7. True love covers a multitude of sin.
8. Memories for the future must be made one day at a time.
9. Train up a child in the way they should go and when they are older they will not depart.
10. Hearing the words…Your dad has died or your mom has died are life changing.
11. Don’t ever say, “If that was my kid…I would….. Chances are your kid will do it.
12. Being deceived cuts to the bone.