I am usually a pretty happy-go-lucky person and enjoy my daily blessings. However, I have just figured out that God is still working on me and some days are plain yucky. Don’t give me any of that…”you should be thankful and count your blessings”. I do count my blessings, but the last few days could have been better.
The simple things in life are usually what lights up my life. Things like white drifting clouds, a fresh cut flower, a sleeping baby or an unexpected note from a friend. This is the things money can’t buy and they usually make me happy.
Did you ever feel an invisible force that seems to be draining you of the joy in your life? This pull makes me become unmotivated to take care of responsibilities at times. I have procrastinated in making a doctor’s appointment, in getting my mammogram, scheduling a dental appointment, and making vacation reservations.
I don’t like to feel unmotivated and unattached. This is just not me. I am the only one that can work on this situation and I plan to work on it.
1. I am taking time to stop and thank God for my family. We are not perfect, but it is our family. (This sound like a Jon and Kate quote)
2. I need to look around me at all the people who lost their jobs and be thankful for my job. I need to find a way to help those less fortunate.
3. I want to look at myself as a work in progress. Our emotions can be up and they can be down, but God still loves us. Tomorrow is a new day.
4. I would like to do something special for someone and not let them know I did it.
5. I will be patient with myself during the days that are yucky.
6. Semi-retirement is a new direction. I will find joy and happiness in yet undiscovered ways.